SOWN works in partnership with many organisations and has many partners, sponsors and supporters.
We thank them all for their assistance with our programs including the operation of our nursery, on-ground creek revegetation work and for engagement with the local community.
Our partners, sponsors and supporters include:
- Brisbane City Council Environmental Grants program for ongoing administrative and nursery operations funding
- Brisbane City Council Creek Catchment and Habitat Brisbane programs
- BCC Councillors in the catchment and particularly Cr Steve Toomey and The Gap Ward Office
- Jonty Bush MP, State Member for Cooper
- Julian Simmonds MP, Federal Member for Ryan and Trevor Evans MP, Federal Member for Brisbane
- Queensland Department of Environment and Science for nursery expansion project funding
- Queensland Corrective Services for our nursery partnership
- Healthy Land and Water
- Paten Park Native Nursery
- Balaangala Reconciliation Group
- Men of the Trees (MOTT)
- Brisbane Catchments Network (BCN) and other catchment groups
- Ashgrove-The Gap and Bardon Lions
- Local primary and secondary schools in the catchment
- Western Echo newspaper for monthly articles
- Our many corporate volunteers
- All our members for their time and resources
- All our volunteers who turn up to events
We wish to acknowledge the generosity and ongoing support of the Brisbane City Council through Environmental Grants ENV20-21511 ‘Operation of SOWN’ and ENV20-21512 ‘Operation of SOWN Nursery’.