SOWN works in partnership with many organisations and has many partners, sponsors and supporters.
We thank them all for their assistance including: with the operation of our nursery; with on-ground creek revegetation work; and for engagement with the local community.
Our partners, sponsors and supporters include:
- Brisbane City Council Environmental Grants program for ongoing administrative and nursery operations funding;
- Brisbane City Council Creek Catchment and Habitat Brisbane programs;
- BCC Councillors in the catchment and particularly Cr Steve Toomey and The Gap Ward Office;
- Jonty Bush MP, State Member for Cooper;
- Julian Simmonds MP, Federal Member for Ryan and Trevor Evans MP, Federal Member for Brisbane;
- Qld Department of Environment and Science for nursery expansion project funding;
- Qld Corrective Services for our nursery partnership;
- Healthy Land and Water;
- SEQ Water;
- Paten Park Native Nursery;
- Balaangala Reconciliation Group
- Men of the Trees (MOTT);
- Brisbane Catchments Network (BCN) and other catchment groups;
- Ashgrove/The Gap and bardon Lions;
- Local primary and secondary schools in the catchment;
- Western Echo newspaper for monthly articles;
- Our many corporate volunteers;
- All our members for their time and resources
- All our volunteers who turn up to events
Brisbane City Council Environmental Grants Program
BCC grants ENV19-20429 and ENV19-20430
SOWN has been successful in two grant applications for funding to administer the organisation, engage the community, and to operate the nursery for 2020.
- ENV19-20429 SOWN Nursery Plant Propagation and Distribution;
- ENV19-20430 Operation of SOWN
We wish to acknowledge the generosity and support of the Brisbane City Council in providing these funds.