The new revised and expanded edition of The Creek in Our Backyard: a practical guide for habitat restoration by Robert Whyte was launched on 9 June as part of SOWN’s ‘Weed Timber Expo’.
Copies are available from:
- SOWN Nursery 57 Paten Road The Gap open on Wednesday and Saturday 9-11am
- The Gap Ward Office 477 Waterworks Road Ashgrove
- Ashgrove Electorate Office 221 Waterworks Road Ashgrove
- Mount Coot-tha Electorate Office 524 Milton Road Toowong
- Senator Larissa Waters’ Office Level 1, 251 Given Terrace Paddington
More than 30,000 copies of The Creek in Our Backyard: a practical guide for habitat restoration have been printed for distribution throughout South-East Queensland.
With Federal Government support, the new edition of The creek in our backyard has been expanded to 60 pages and broadened to include all of South-East Queensland, including extensive plant lists for all creek zones, including aquatics. With support and advice from SEQ Catchments, the new edition is aligned to the South East Queensland Ecological Restoration Framework Project.
Here’s what people said about the first edition:
“For the first time in my life I feel I want to give it a go. The articles are inspiring, the advice clear and practical.”
“What a superb little booklet, well-written, beautifully laid out both visually and textually, flows right along like a good, gurgling, healthy creek.”