In response to the ‘public health and social measures’ effective from 17 December 2021, we want to do our part to make sure our volunteers, members and community are safe. From 17 December 2021, the Queensland Government has restricted some business to allow only fully vaccinated people to enter. Our activities will not be restricted, however to prevent COVID spreading there are still things we can do.
What does this mean for SOWN nursery, bushcare activities and events?
- All SOWN activities will continue unless we receive additional advice from the Queensland Government.
- The nursery will continue to operate on Wednesday and Saturday mornings to the public, except for the Christmas closure (closing from 23 December 2021 and reopening on 5 January 2022).
Bushcare activities will continue to go ahead. Group Leaders may receive additional advice from Habitat Brisbane.
To ensure these activities are COVID-safe, we would ask to please follow the ‘public health and social measures’ from the Queensland Government that are applicable to SOWN activities and events:
Sign in with the Check In Qld app for all activities located at the nursery
- Maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres
- Maintain good hand hygiene
- Stay home if you are unwell – do not attend the nursery, bushcare or any SOWN events if you are unwell
- Although masks are no longer mandatory in Queensland, everyone is encouraged to wear a mask if physical distancing is not possible
- Although we are not a restricted premises, we please encourage everyone to be fully vaccinated.
You can now link your COVID-19 digital certificate to your Check In Qld app. To find out how, go to: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld/digital-vaccination-certificate#certificate