You and your friends are invited!
SOWN Nursery and Paten Park Native Nursery are having an open, fun day this Sunday to celebrate National Tree Day.
Time: Sunday 31 July 2016, 9.30 am to 2.00 pm.
Location: SOWN Nursery and PPNN, 57 Paten Road, The Gap. Follow the road into Paten Park. Parking is limited, so walk if you are able.
Don’t miss the celebrations as there will be talks, displays, bush poetry, demonstrations and wildlife – something for everyone young and old. Also a BBQ and good coffee.
Some program highlights and talks include:
* 9.30 am – A Welcome to Country ceremony
* 10.00 am – John Moss talking on native mistletoes and their links to butterflies
* 10.30 am – John Wrench on local bushfoods
* 12.00 noon – For the kids, the great GECKOES Wildlife show
* 12.30 pm – SOWN President Leo Lee on local native fish
* 1.00 pm – Native bee expert Tim Herd on keeping bees and his new book.
So it should be a very enjoyable and informative day. Please come along to this free local event and bring your family, relatives and neighbours.