|Date||Sun 20 Apr 2008|
|Venue||Banks Street Reserve (Newmarket )|
Banks Street Reserve, enter via Quandong St, Ashgrove
The purpose of the planting is to restore parts of Banks Street Reserve to the original “dry rainforest” that originally occurred along the banks of Enoggera Creek.
BRAIN is working with Brisbane City Council to revegetate this area of as part of the CitySmart O2 Project. Work will involve site preparation, planting with locally occurring native plants and ongoing maintenance.
The planting on 20 April will be primarily rainforest trees. The site will be mulched and holes dug ready for planting. Plants will be watered with recycled water. There will be further plantings of grasses, small plants and vines later in the year.
Please join us!
- Who: Everyone welcome, children must be accompanied by an adult
- What: Community planting and sausage sizzle
- When: 9 am - 12 noon, Sunday, 20 April
- Where: Banks Street Reserve, enter via Quandong St, Ashgrove
- Cost: Free
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring: gardening gloves, hat, sunproof clothing, sunscreen, insect repellent, water – and wear covered shoes
- email SOWN Secretary - to RSVP