SOWN and Ithaca Intact have permission to collect seed from native vegetation in bushland and natural area reserves managed by Brisbane City Council subject to the following conditions:
1. Seed is not to be collected from Type B restricted species unless the seed is collected in accordance with a valid permit or license issued by the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service pursuant to the provisions of the Nature Conservation Act 1992. Further information about the requirements of the Nature Conservation Act 1992 can be obtained from the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service on (07) 3202 0200. Type B restricted species are:
- all endangered species (i.e. species listed in Schedule 2 to the Nature Conservation (Wildlife) Regulation 1992);
- all vulnerable species (i.e. species listed in Schedule 3 to the Nature Conservation (Wildlife) Regulation 1992); and
- all species of the families Cycadaceae and Zamiaceae
2. All persons collecting seed, whether subject to the provisions of the Nature Conservation Act 1992 or not, shall do so in accordance with the Code of Practice for the Taking and Use of Protected Plants (download from link at right). It is the responsibility of the SOWN committee to ensure that all representatives and members engaged in seed collection are familiar with the provisions of the Code and adhere to them.
3. A representative of SOWN Intact shall contact the Regional Co-ordinator Natural Environment for the relevant district at least seven days prior to entering a reserve to collect seed so that any relevant management concerns can be addressed. (NOT required by SOWN or Ithaca Intact in this instance). All directions given by the Regional Co-ordinator Natural Environment shall be adhered to. Regional Co-ordinators Natural Environment can be contacted via Brisbane City Councils Call Centre on 3403 8888.
4. Access to bushland reserves may be restricted during wet weather or during reserve management operations.
5. No vehicles are allowed into authorised only vehicle access areas.
6. The Regional Co-ordinator Natural Environment is to be informed at the earliest opportunity if SOWN or Ithaca Intact representatives or members observe any vandalism or damage to the reserves.
7. SOWN shall provide Council (via the Regional Co-ordinator Natural Environment) with six-monthly reports on:
- species of seed collected from Council reserves
- numbers of plants propagated and/or use of that seed (i.e., used for rehabilitation and revegetation programs, including location).
8. The use of firearms to collect seed is strictly prohibited in Council reserves.
9. Council may, by written notice to the SOWN/ Ithaca Intact Committee, at any time change the conditions of this consent.
10. Council may, by written notice to the SOWN/ Ithaca Intact Committee, at any time revoke or extend the duration of this consent.
11 . This consent shall remain in force until 30 June 2011, unless earlier revoked .